Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chapter 1 – In My Time of Dying – Part 6

I was excited because I thought it might be them, but I was wrong. It wasn’t them, it was just some other guy on the phone.
- Hello. – I said.
- G-Good evening. – this guy on the phone sounded kind of weird. He was nervous, like if, he was trying to hide something from me.
- Good evening. Who are you?
- Are you related to special agent David Carter?
- Yes, he is my father. Why? Who are you? – he knew who I was, and he knew the name of my father. Was this supposed to be a joke or something?
- I’m calling from the Central Hospital. Your father was admitted in this hospital tonight. He had a…
- Is he ok? How did that happened? – I didn’t let him finish the sentence, my father was in the hospital, he was hurt, and we’re here at a party. How could this happen?
- I can’t tell you much about this, I’m just an intern. You should come to the hospital and talk to my superior. He can explain it much better than me.
- O-Ok… thanks for letting us know. We’re going right away. – I hang up the phone and a tear dropped down my face. I knew something was wrong… this feeling… I just knew.
- Ruby, are you ok? With whom were you talking to? Why are you crying? – asked Angel.
- The man on the phone… he is working at mom’s hospital… and he… he… – Alec saw me cry so he came near us. I was crying my eyes out, and I just didn’t know what to say anymore.
- What happened here? – asked Alec.
- I don’t know. She was talking on the phone, and just like that she started crying. – Angel cleaned the tears of my face and Alec knelt down in front of me. I was quiet, the words were not coming out of my mouth.
- Ruby. Hang in there and just tell us what happened. – Alec was starting to get also worried.
- Alec, dad is at the hospital, he had a car accident. An intern at the Central called, but he couldn’t tell me much, we have to go to the hospital right now and talk to the doctor who is taking care of dad’s case.
- I’ll go tell everyone to go home. – said Alec with a serious face. – The party is over.

Estava entusiasmada porque pensei que poderiam ser eles, mas estava errada. Não eram eles, era apenas um outro rapaz ao telemóvel.
- Olá. – Disse eu.
- B-Boa noite. – Este rapaz ao telefone parecia um pouco estranho. Ele estava nervoso, como se, ele estivesse a esconder-me algo.
- Boa noite. Quem és tu?
- És parente do agente especial David Carter?
- Sim, ele é o meu pai. Porquê? Quem és tu? – ele sabia quem eu era, e ele sabia o nome do meu pai. Isto é supostamente alguma brincadeira ou coisa do género?
- Estou a ligar-lhe do Hospital Central. O seu pai deu entrada neste hospital esta noite. Ele teve um…
- Ele está bem? Como é que isso aconteceu? – Nem o deixei acabar a frase, o meu pai estava no hospital, estava ferido, e nos estamos aqui numa festa. Como é que pode ser possível?
- Não lhe posso dizer muito sobre isto, sou apenas um estagiário. Devia vir ao hospital e falar com o meu superior. Ele vai-lhe explicar tudo muito melhor do que eu.
- O-Ok… obrigada por ter-nos avisado. Vamos já para ai. – Desliguei o telefone e uma lágrima escorreu-me pelo rosto. Eu sabia que algo se passava… este sentimento… eu sabia.
- Ruby, estas bem? Com quem estavas a falar? Porque estas a chorar? – Perguntou o Angel.
- O homem ao telefone… ele trabalha no hospital da mãe… e ele… ele… – o Alec viu-me a chorar por isso aproximou-se de nós. Eu estava a chorar muito, e já não sabia que mais dizer.
- O que aconteceu aqui? – Perguntou o Alec.
- Não sei. Ela estava a falar ao telemóvel, e sem mais nem menos começou a chorar. – O Angel limpou as lágrimas do meu rosto e o Alec ajoelhou-se à minha frente. Eu estava calada, as palavras não estavam a querer sair da minha boca.
- Ruby. Aguenta-te ai e diz-nos o que aconteceu. – O Alec estava a começar a ficar também preocupado.
- Alec, o pai está no hospital, ele teve um acidente de carro. Um estagiário do Central telefonou, mas ele não podia dizer-me muito, nos temos de ir já para o hospital para falarmos com o médico encarregue do caso do pai.
- Vou dizer a todos para irem para casa. – Disse o Alec com uma cara seria. – A festa acabou.

Special thanks to: alexhgfdalex

Results of the Questionnaire(Resultados do Questionário):
Mom (a mãe) - 4(23%)
Dad (o pai) - 2(11%)
The Police (a policia) - 5(29%)
The Kidnapper (o raptor) - 3(17%)
Other (outro) - 9(52%)

The right answer is Other
A Resposta certa é Outro

Note:
If you find any error on this blog please warn me about it on my chatango account Sam753 or leave a comment (this kind of comments won’t be published). Thanks for your help on making this blog a better one. ;) Se encontrares algum erro neste blog avisa-me através da minha conta no chatango Sam753 ou deixa um comentário (este tipo de comentários não serão publicados). Obrigada pela vossa ajuda para melhorar este blog. ;)

*Read Chapter 1 – Part 5
*Read Chapter 1 – Part 7

4 comments:

  1. O que diabos tá acontecendo? (fiquei muito curioso agora). O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. eu votei no outro :D acertei ^^ fico bem legal sam tomara que o pai dela fique bom

    By:Byforce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah! Acertei...
    Mas agora estou ansioso para a próxima parte, hehe.

    Continue assim, menina, sua história terá sucesso e vc um grande futuro...

    ReplyDelete