Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chapter 2 – A Magical Box – Part 4

I ran to the attic when I heard Ruby’s scream. I was going up the stairs when another memory came to my mind. Quickly I came down again.
- Once I was not afraid to go up to the attic… – I remember to go up there with mom and help her cleaning it. I couldn’t clean much of it, I thing I just messed that around even more than it was before and my mom yelled at me every time. However, I was happy with that… until one day… As usual, mom needed to clean the attic and I went with her, but that time I had a bad feeling. I couldn’t figure out what it was. So I thought to myself that it was nothing… it was all my imagination, but the truth is that… it wasn’t just my imagination. I went up the stairs and I heard some voices. They were talking to each other… I was just a kid so I thought it would be cool to have ghosts in my house… thought I was freaking scared of them. Yah… I was scared of ghosts when I was little but I have my reasons. They called my name every time I was in the hallway near the stairs to the attic. “Alec… Alec… Please, come up here”. I never said nothing to anyone, not only because it was stupid that they where ghosts and I was the only one that could hear them but also because if mom and dad knew about it they would probably think that I was going nuts. After I started to hear those voices, I never went up again. My sister once said that I was afraid of spiders and that was the reason why I didn’t like the attic. It was a lie, but it was better than the real reason.
- Alec… Alec… Please, come up here. – Those voices again… I don’t like them not even a little bit, but I have to go up.
- My sister needs me… I can’t disappoint her again like this. I have to go up. – I gathered all my strength and went up. I kept my eyes closed the entire time. When I was already up there I saw a bright light. I didn’t know what it could be, but it was so warm and familiar… I opened my eyes and I saw my sister with a box in her hands. Could this really be mom’s box?

Corri para o sótão quando ouvi o grito da Ruby. Estava a subir as escadas quando outra memória apareceu na minha mente. Rapidamente desci as escadas.
- Houve uma altura em que não tinha medo de ir ao sótão… – Lembro-me de subir com a minha mãe e ajuda-la a limpa-lo. Não conseguia limpar muito, acho que apenas desorganizava as coisas ainda mais do que aquilo que já estava e a minha mãe ralhava comigo todas as vezes. Contudo, eu ficava feliz com isso… até que um dia… Como de costume, a minha mãe precisava de limpar o sótão e eu subi com ela, mas dessa vez eu tinha um mau pressentimento. Não conseguia perceber o que era. Então pensei para mim próprio que era só a minha imaginação. Subi as escadas e ouvi umas vozes. Estavam a falar um com o outro… Eu era apenas um miúdo por isso pensei que seria fixe ter fantasmas em casa… mesmo que tivesse um medo de morte deles. Yah… tinha medo de fantasmas quando era mais novo mas tinha as minhas razoes. Eles diziam o meu nome sempre que estava no corredor junto das escadas do sótão. “Alec… Alec… Vem cá em cima por favor”. Nunca disse nada a ninguém, não apenas por ser estúpido que eles fossem fantasmas e eu era o único que os conseguia ouvir mas também porque se a mãe e o pai descobrissem eles iam provavelmente pensar que estava a ficar louco. Depois de começar a ouvir aquelas vozes, nunca mais subi. A minha irmã uma vez disse que eu tinha medo de aranhas e essa era a razão pela qual eu não gostava do sótão. Era mentira, mas era melhor do que a verdade.
- Alec… Alec… Vem cá em cima por favor. – Aquelas vozes de novo… não gosto delas nem um bocadinho, mas tenho de subir.
- A minha irmã precisa de mim… não a posso desapontar outra vez desta maneira. Tenho de subir. – Juntei todas as minhas forças e subi. Mantive os meus olhos fechados o tempo todo. Quando já estava lá em cima vi uma luz brilhante. Não sabia o que poderia ser, mas era tão quente e tão familiar… Abri os olhos e vi a minha irmã com uma caixa nas mãos. Seria esta a caixa da mãe?

Note:
If you find any error on this blog please warn me about it on my chatango account Sam753 or leave a comment (this kind of comments won’t be published). Thanks for your help on making this blog a better one. ;) Se encontrares algum erro neste blog avisa-me através da minha conta no chatango Sam753 ou deixa um comentário (este tipo de comentários não serão publicados). Obrigada pela vossa ajuda para melhorar este blog. ;)

*Read Chapter 2 – Part 3
*Read Chapter 2 – Part 5

2 comments:

  1. 0.0
    Caracas, fanatsmas?
    Wooooooooooow, estou adorando!!!
    E também tô louco pra saber sobre essa tal caixa, essa luz e sobre as vozes.
    Cada parte uma surpresa!
    Sam, essa história está... DEMAIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parece que ele pode se comunicar com fantasmas... pode ser o começo de algo interessante.

    ReplyDelete